Why do charity gift cards make good gifts?
There are many occasions when a gift of some kind is appropriate – and often expected and necessary. Some examples are birthday parties, weddings, anniversaries, bar/bat mitzvahs and during the December holiday season. Often at these times we must choose a gift for someone who already has everything they really need and want. Or we need to give a gift to someone whose tastes we don’t really know. A charity gift card is a terrific solution in these situations. A charity gift card lets you give a meaningful gift with which the recipient can change the world a little bit in a manner they like - whether that is preserving rainforest, feeding hungry children or perhaps funding a theatre in Minneapolis.
- Charity gift cards are convenient to give. Purchasing a gift online is a fast and convenient way to make a purchase.
- Charity gift cards empower individual choice. Giving a charitable donation in someone’s name is nice; allowing the gift recipient to choose a cause that is meaningful to them is even better.
- Charity gift cards truly engage the recipient in the giving process.
- Charity gift cards can be truly unique. Some card producers support custom images, even for quantities as small as a single card. That means you can give a gift that is meaningful on several levels and a keepsake for the refrigerator magnet. Add a picture of your family to your charity gift card; or add a photo of a special memory to commemorate a special event.
- Charity gift cards can be sent instantaneously via email and can be printed on your own printer. They make fantastic last-minute gifts.
- Charity gift cards build stronger bonds between you and the gift recipient, as compared to a restaurant gift card or basket of crackers and cheese.
- Charity gift cards make outstanding business gifts. They aren’t fattening, they don’t have nuts (watch out for allergies), they eliminate the risk of giving something of material value to an employee who can’t accept it. They can carry your brand and messaging in powerful ways (when the cards and redemption experience are customized).